Announcing the Middle School Library Project
Calling all book lovers!
If you love books, and if your (or your son/daughter’s) love of books was born and
encouraged at St. John’s/the Wilson School, we have an exciting opportunity to
announce. We’ve begun a multi-track project that will revitalize the existing Middle
School library, add physical and on-line resources and offer portable resource access as
well as additional research space on the Middle School floor.
We’ve got a terrific team working on this large project including a band of very dedicated
parents, the Middle School faculty, and the school administration. We’ll be working
hard into the next school year; we know we’ll need additional resources to complete the
project. We’re hoping you’ll be excited to help.
Here’s a very brief list of some of what we’ll need to purchase:
- Books! both paper and ebooks.
- Shelves & rolling carts.
- Hardware & software for the catalog/checkout system and media access.
- Subscriptions to “deep web” resources such as online databases, encyclopedias, journal resources, etc.
How can you get involved to show your love of books and of your (or your child’s) alma mater?
- Make a cash gift. We’ve begun accepting directed donations to the Middle
School Library project. For example, we’ve received a gift from an anonymous
donor who wishes the gift to be used toward the purchase of presidential
biographies, first ladies’ biographies, and other US History titles appropriate to
the Middle School age group, 10-14.
- Give of your time. If you can volunteer to help with setting up the library, or you
have librarian/media specialist expertise, we’d love to hear from you! Recent
alumni needing community service points, take note!
- Buy books for the library. We’ll be identifying specific titles we need; we’ll
publish a wish list on Amazon.com so that those titles can be donated directly, in
your name or in anothers’.
- Participate in fundraising efforts. We’ll be rolling out details of dedicated
fundraisers for the Library project. Even if you can’t write a check don’t worry,
there will be other ways you can participate!
For more details on what we’re doing and how you can help, please contact June at
school or at email@example.com. Strong thoughts for a happy and healthy 2012!