- Is the Wilson School accredited?
- YES. The Wilson School is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges. All
of our teachers are certified as well. The School is also a member the New Jersey Association of
Independent Schools and the Educational Records Bureau.
- Is the school religiously affiliated?
- The school is non-denominational and welcomes students of all faiths. We respect and appreciate
the diversity within the school. At our weekly "Chapel" assembly, we follow Wilson traditions
and incorporate the Lord's Prayer, a "Poem for Children around the World," the Pledge of
Allegiance, and a Moment of Silence into each Friday program. Each member of the Wilson
community is invited to participate in the ecumenical aspects of the program to the degree with
which they are comfortable.
- What kinds of students do you accommodate?
- The Wilson School applies the best in gifted and talented educational techniques to all of its
students. Each student's curriculum is personalized to address his or her particular strengths and
needs. While the Wilson School can work with many children, the school is not a school for the
- What is tuition and do you offer financial aid?
- The Wilson School works with you to ensure that tuition is affordable without sacrificing the
quality of education that your child receives. The Wilson School offers a variety of financial
aid and payment assistance programs designed to help you provide your child with the best
education possible. Tuition varies depending on grade level, but parents typically pay between
40 – 100% of tuition depending on their means.
- What is the average class size?
- By design, class sizes are kept small at the Wilson School to maximize the personal attention that
your child will receive from their teachers. Class sizes are by design limited to 10 students.
- What towns do students come from?
- The majority of our students come from the towns including and surrounding Mountain Lakes,
including Boonton, Denville, East Hanover, Morristown, Morris Plains, Morris Township,
Parsippany, Randolph, Rockaway and Whippany. We have a number of students, however, who
come from cities and towns all across the Northern New Jersey area.
- Do you provide busing or transportation?
- No. The decision to offer busing or transportation lies with your local school district. If
the district does not offer transportation services, you are usually eligible for some level of
reimbursement from the district, county or state. In addition, The Wilson School can help with
identifying and facilitating parent carpools.
- When is school in session?
- The school year begins the Wednesday after Labor Day and ends in mid-June. School hours are
Monday through Thursday from 8:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., and Fridays from 8:15 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
- Do you offer any kind of after school care?
- The Wilson Plus program is a child-care and enrichment program open to students in PK through
8th Grade. The program is run by our teachers, and operates every school day until 6:00 p.m.
The program fees are $10 to $30 per day (depending upon pick-up time), or $2,100 for the full
year (payable at $235/month for 10 months).
- Do you offer a lunch plan?
- The Wilson School is proud to offer Simply Gourmet as our lunch service. Parents place orders online, and the lunch is delivered to your child hot and fresh each day. Participation is voluntary and students have the option to bring their own lunch. For details, log on to www.simplygourmetlunches.com.
The Wilson School
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
© 2013 The Wilson School - All rights reserved